There will be a growing demand for qualified manpower for the banking and finance sector in the coming years on account of expansion of volume of business and large scale retirement of personnel. Banking and finance industry will require professionally qualified manpower endowed with banking and finance knowledge and skills together with technology-familiarity, customer orientation and hands-on application skills who can be assigned to various desks / jobs with minimal training intervention at the bank level.
In view of the huge current as well as potential demand for the professionally qualified manpower for the banking and finance sector, and to ensure a steady stream of industry-ready professionals at the entry-level, IIBF has designed this course as professional qualification who aspire for a career in banking and finance.
The course will give knowledge inputs to the candidates and expose them to the operational processes and modern banking environment so that they can man the counters at the bank from the first day of their joining the bank. It is expected that successful candidates of Diploma in Banking & Finance would have a competitive edge and will be absorbed by banks and financial institutions and Diploma in Banking & Finance would emerge as a preferred professional qualification with graduation for employment in banking and finance industry.
- 12th Pass. (Members of the Institute are not eligible for DB&F examination since they are eligible to appear for JAIIB examination. In case if any Member of the Institute appears for DB&F examination, their result / certificate will be liable for cancellation)
SUBJECTS OF EXAMINATION:
- Principles & Practices of Banking.
- Accounting & Finance for Bankers.
- Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking.
- Minimum marks for pass in the subject is 50 out of 100.
- Candidates securing at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt will also be declared as having completed the Examination.
- Candidates will be allowed to retain credits for the subject they have passed in a attempt till the expiry of the time limit for passing the examination as mentioned below.
TIME LIMIT FOR PASSING THE EXAMINATION:
- Candidates will be required to pass the examination within a time limit of 2 years (i.e. 4 consecutive attempts).
- Candidates not able to pass examination within stipulated time period of two years are required to re-enroll themselves afresh. Such candidates will not be granted credit/s for subject/s passed, if any, earlier.
- Time limit of 2 years will start from the date of application for First attempt. Attempts will be counted irrespective of whether a candidate appears at any examination or otherwise.
MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION:
- Examination will be conducted in English only.
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION:
- Question Paper will contain approximately 120 objective type multiple choice questions for 100 marks including questions based on case studies / case lets. The Institute may however vary the number of questions to be asked for a subject.
- The examination will be held in Online Mode only.
- There will NOT be negative marking for wrong answers.