JAIIB aims at providing required level of basic knowledge in banking and financial services, banking technology, customer relations, basic accountancy and legal aspects necessary for carrying out day to day banking operations.
- The examination is open only to the ordinary members of the Institute (Any person working in the banking and finance industry whose employer is an Institutional member of the Institute can apply for membership, for details visit IIBF website).
- Candidates must have passed the matriculation examination or its equivalent. The Institute may, however at its discretion, allow any candidate from clerical or supervisory staff cadre of banks to appear at the examination on the recommendation of the Manager of the bank / officer-in-charge of the bank's office where the candidate is working, even if he / she is not a matriculate or its equivalent.
- Subordinate staff of recognized Banking / Financial Institutions in India, who are members of the Institute, are eligible to appear at the examination, provided they have passed the matriculation examination or its equivalent.
- New members are advised of the examination for which they are eligible to appear while intimating their respective membership numbers.
SUBJECTS OF EXAMINATION:
- Principles & Practices of Banking.
- Accounting & Finance for Bankers.
- Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking.
- There is no exemption in any of the subject/s for prior qualification/s.
- Minimum marks for pass in the subject is 50 out of 100.
- Candidates securing at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt will also be declared as having completed the Examination.
- Candidates will be allowed to retain credits for the subject they have passed in a attempt till the expiry of the time limit for passing the examination as mentioned below.
TIME LIMIT FOR PASSING THE EXAMINATION:
- Candidates will be required to pass the examination within a time limit of 2 years (i.e. 4 consecutive attempts).
- Candidates not able to pass examination within stipulated time period of two years are required to re-enroll themselves afresh. Such candidates will not be granted credit/s for subject/s passed, if any, earlier.
- Time limit of 2 years will start from the date of application for First attempt. Attempts will be counted irrespective of whether a candidate appears at any examination or otherwise.
MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION:
- Candidates are allowed to attempt the examination either in Hindi or English, and should clearly fill in their choice of medium at the time of registration of application. In any case change of medium will not be allowed at a later stage.
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION:
- Question Paper will contain approximately 120 objective type multiple choice questions for 100 marks including questions based on case studies / case lets. The Institute may however vary the number of questions to be asked for a subject.
- The examination will be held in Online Mode only.
- There will NOT be negative marking for wrong answers.